Penaut Butter Chocolate Banana Cookies
1 cup peanut butter
3/4 cup white sugar
1 small-medium very ripe banana, mashed
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix everything except the chocolate chips in a food processor until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
2. Using moistened hands, form generous 1 tablespoon (use more if you want bigger cookies) dough for each cookie into ball. Arrange on 2 ungreased baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart.
3. Bake cookies until puffed, golden on bottom and still soft to touch in center, about 12 minutes. Cool on sheets 5 minutes. Transfer to racks; cool completely.
Serves: Makes about average sized 24 cookies (12 large cookies)
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Banana Coconut Cookies
3 large bananas
2 cups oats
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
3 tablespoons unsweetened flaked coconut, +some more for garnishing
1 tb.sp. vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mash bananas. Mix in oats, coconut oil, coconut and vanilla and stir to combine. Let sit for 15 minutes.
3. Scoop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough and place on cookie sheet, two-inches apart. (Note: cookies do not spread, so you may want to shape them with the back of the spoon). 4. Bake for 20 minutes, or until cookies set and start to brown. Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes. Move to a wire rack to cool completely.